The Trent Port Museum is operated by the Trentport Historical Society, who strives to preserve the history of Trenton and whose proceeds go a long way to maintaining Trenton’s historical integrity! Trentport Historical Society was started in 1980 by a group of individuals that wanted to save 55 King Street! Built in 1861, the building was initially used as the town’s very first Town Hall, and then as the former Police Station.
Now, the building is home of the Heritage Cafe, Trent Port Museum and the James Alexander Theatre, where the Bay of Quinte Community Players make their home.
The Trent Port Museum is located within the Trenton Town Hall, a historical landmark itself, and features artefats and antiques from the Trenton area. Offering self-guided and day tours, the museum is sure to please those curious about the area’s history. Don’t forget to stop by The Heritage Cafe for a bite to eat between tours!