An unforgettable city getaway and a wonderful 1000 Islands experience, the 1000 Islands Kayaking offers kayaking tours, lessons and specialty programs across the islands for beginners and experts alike. The 1000 islands region, part of the Frontenac Arch Biosphere Reserve, offers world class sea kayaking for all levels of paddlers. Kayak with professional guides in an ecologically rich area filled with beautiful landscape and wildlife. With two locations in Gananoque and Brockville, the 1000 Islands Kayaking Company offers a variety of guided trips including:
- Day Trips: Beginner friendly, all equipment included, certified guides, food, and an unforgettable 1000 Islands experience.
- Weekend Trips: A paddling escape while camping for two nights in the St. Lawrence Islands National Park.
- Week of Rivers: This 5 night adventure takes you along 3 of Canada’s most beautiful river systems and over 1800 islands and islets at the mouth of the St Lawrence River.
- Paddle The Arch: This trip takes you on the best paddling trails within the Frontenac Arch Biosphere Reserve. All the equipment is included with a feature Local Flavours lunch showcasing the best of our region’s seasonal foods not to mention local cheeses, juices, breads and fresh fruits.
- Rec Paddling Clubs: The Rec Paddling Club gets together several times a week as friends to paddle different rivers and enjoy the outdoors, wildlife, sunsets and fresh air of summer! From 5:00 – 8:00 pm (4:00 – 7:00 in September) the club goes on a trip to three locations: Gananoque, Brockville and Lyndhurst. Equipment, instructional and safety needs are all taken care of.
You can also book courses (beginner, flatwater certification, level 1 and level 2 certification), tour groups and rentals and self-guided packages. There’s also kids camps, youth paddling clubs and courses.
To find out more or to book your 1000 Islands kayaking getaway, visit their website at http://www.1000ikc.com/ or call 613-329-6265.